You’ve worked hard all week and deserve some R & R – and another recipe straight from the Gagne kitchen.
If you’re craving some sweets to enjoy this weekend look no further than your kitchen cabinet!
Shal’s dessert recipe is perfect for strawberry toppings or if you’re a true vanilla lover, as is.
Vanilla Eggless and Dairy Free Vegan Cake
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup soymilk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon vinegar
1. Heat oven to 350°F
2. Prepare cake pan: Line 8-inch round or square cake pan with parchment paper and grease bottom and sides of the
pan. Then flour the pan.
3. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add vegetable oil, soy milk, and vanilla extract; whisk until no lumps appear and batter is smooth.
5. Add vinegar, stir about seven times, and quickly pour into pan.
6. Bake around 30 minutes, until cake begins to pull away from sides and/or toothpick inserted in the center pulls
Let sit for ten to fifteen minutes, invert, and cool on rack.
Thanks Shal for this amazing recipe.