We hope your Thanksgiving was filled with laughter, family, and friends. We also hope your stomachs made out like roasted turkeys – and were stuffed!
If you still have room enough, try this recipe by Young and Raw.
Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
Makes around 12 pancakes
- 1 cup of all-purpose gluten-free flour (I like Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour)
- ½ cup Vega Sport Performance Protein Vanilla or Vega One Nutritional Shake
- ⅓ cup ground walnuts
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1 tsp dried ground ginger (or fresh)
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl mix together all of your dry ingredients (flour, Vega Sport Performance Protein/Vega One, ground walnuts, baking soda, and spices).
- In a separate bowl mix together all of your wet ingredients (almond milk, pumpkin, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla).
- Combine wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just until fully combined.
- Start making your protein pancakes! In a heated pan or griddle, melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and start to cook your pancakes.
Nothing like a seasonal breakfast treat to kick off your weekend.
Oh, and be sure not to limit this amazing recipe to breakfast. It’s a perfect treat for dinner, lunch or dessert, too!